Sunday Stress #2 Wrecking Ball DIY / Winter Formal Shenanigans

December 7, 2013





IS THIS NOT THE MOST HILARIOUS THING YOU'VE EVER SEEN? I saw this on instagram a little while back and laughed for 10 minutes straight and hadhadhad to make it for a secret santa gift exchange that I'm doing in class. I cut out miley's fab body and glued it to a manila folder so that it would be a little bit more sturdy, then hot glued it to my ornament!


You can download the printable here.

It's that time of year again-- where your Facebook blows up with all sorts of cute and extravagant Winter Formal askings. I haven't been to a school dance in one and a half years so I'm super excited for this dance :) 

I picked up my corsage and boutonnière today-- I'm not sure if you can even tell, but they're fake flowers. Guess how much they cost? Under 20 dollars for both. muahahahahha. It might seem pretty tacky that I'm using fake flowers but you honestly cannot tell. I bought these from a local business, but maybe I'll make a little DIY tutorial come prom season because it looks pretty simple and easy. 

As for the dress, mine is from Love Culture-- I'm really happy with the length because I'm not a fan of the short and tight body con dresses because I just don't have the hips or butt for them. This skirt goes a few inches past my finger tips but still looks really fun! I especially love the chest area with cut out triangles-- it makes it really easy for me because I don't have to worry about jewelry.  Not too sure about the shoes yet-- I think I want to go with something bright colored to go with the black. 



For make up, I'm still playing around with different styles-- I'll probably change my mind the day of, so theres no use in planning out too much. Maybe I'll try and stick in a FOTD? It's not till another week and a half. 

Lastly-- I think I'm going to go with two nail polishes from The Face Shop. I'm probably going to go with the gold as an accent on the dark plum. It's a really festive combination and I think it's really fun!

ps. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET RID OF A SOCK TAN because mine is pretty bad.

2 comments:

  1. JFC I LAUGHED TOO HARD AT THE ORNAMENT JFC I'M DEFINITELY PRINTING THAT OUT TO HANG DURING MY CHRISTMAS PARTY JEEBUS

    I really like the cutouts of the dress! c:
    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha OMG that ornament just made my day!!! your blog is the best i swear!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Design by | SweetElectric