April 12, 2014

Holika Holika Lashes #04 (PROM #3)

I'm not going to lie-- this post is a little bit of a redemption post for me. On the day of my prom, my eyes were just way to irritated from stress and a lack of sleep. Long story short, they were just NOT feeling it when I wanted to add false eyelashes to my look. :(  If I could go back, I definitely would've done this. This is a pretty simple monolid make up look: a pop of dark blue onto of bronze, a bold wing, and luscious lashes.

PRODUCTS USED
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer 25 $7
Instead of using a full coverage foundation that lots of people prefer on prom night, I decided to opt for something a little lighter and more breathable. Since I wasn't having too bad of a skin day, I figured that there was no need for something uncomfortable! Contrary to the belief that your make up needs to be long lasting while you "dance the night away," all you really need is for your make up to last for the few hours you're taking pictures for. After you get to the dance floor, no one will give a second thought about what your make up looks like-- you can take even wipe it off in the bathroom if you want!

Maybelline Balm Stain Honey $9
This stain gives such a flattering pinky nude that works well with basically EVERY eye look. I didn't want to do anything bold with this look, but you could probably get away with a true matte lipstick.

Nyx Eyebrow Cake Powder $6
Gotta have eyebrows! Using powder gives a really natural finish but doesn't last very long. If you want something more long wearing, you could try using pencil or a clear mascara over the top.

Rimmel Scandaleyes Bullet Proof Beige #5
For a nice base that will make my shadow really pop, I decided to use a cream shadow. It also worked really well as a highlight for my lids.

Almay Intense i-color Smoky-Kit (For Brown Eyes) #7
For the outer corner of my eyes, I decided to use the bronze lid color from this palette. Its really easy to blend and is flattering on warm skin tones.

Kirkland Eyeshadow Midnight Glimmer (no longer on sale)
Since my dress is dark blue, I decided add a little bit of dark blue in the crease.

Dolly Wink Black Liquid Eyeliner $18 
I LOVE this eyeliner! Its lasted me for months and always comes out really black and the tip is perfect for a winged eyeliner.

Majolica Majorica Lash King $23
Finish off with mascara. This one in particular is extremely long lasting and keeps my eyelashes curled. It's also smudge proof-- so no panda eyes for me!

Holika Holika Lashes #04 $3.50
There are times when I'll see someone rocking a smokey eye and the color placement, blending, and shading will be amazing-- but when you get to the lashes, they're understated and look just falls apart. If only they had these lashes!

These are extremely easy to curl, VERY GLAMOROUS, and super fun. I had so much fun playing with these,
 One piece of advice that I have when wearing these lashes is to bring around a handy eyelash curler as these do tend to fall throughout the day. If you're not wearing a mascara that holds up your curl, they WILL droop.

I normally have mono lids, but when I put on false eyelashes I get just the hint of a crease. If this sounds like you, you may want to try on your lashes before hand to see if they look ok on you! I had a friend who's smile kinda got crinkled when she wore false eyelashes so make sure to test them out.

6 comments:

  1. You are so beautiful! Your skin looks so healthy! *O*

    ❤ ✿ NEW POST ✿ ❤
    Rinako

    ReplyDelete
  2. ughhhh i love your eye makeup <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. good look. simple but still something extra. i really dont think ppl should go over the top for prom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jenn! For my prom I didn't wan't to do anything huge because we would be taking pictures during the day time in comparison to sunset or night time-- so this very much a "day time" look. It really depends on your prom / personal preference <3

    ReplyDelete

you made it to the comment section! what did you think?

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC