April 18, 2014

the one and done.



When I first purchased the much raved about Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze, I instantly understood what all the hype was about-- I found it super creamy, blend-able, pigmented and long lasting. But the reason why I didn't get along with it was because I found the shimmer in it too cool toned. This looked really unflattering on me as it gave a gray tint to my warm tone skin. Nooo bueno. For that reason, it got kind of lost in my make up drawer. I'd pull it out every now and then as a base, but I'd never use it on its own. Somehow I had formed this misconception that cream shadows are best applied with your fingers so you may be able to imagine my face when I decided to try applying this with a flat shader brush and saw HOW GOOD IT LOOKED. With a brush, you have so much more control over how much product you're applying so blending a small bit of product starting from the crease onto your lid gives the most flattering wash of color that doesn't have enough shimmer to start reflecting those cool toned hues. I'm so happy with this product now and it's super pretty and easy to use on its own.

4 comments:

  1. Love the Maybelline Colour Tattoos :)

    Caitlin | Thistle & Tea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried these, but I've heard the hype about them & for $4 maybe I should go try them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've seeing this everywhere and now i'm super tempted to try this out! lovely review and i'm definitely even more interested in this product now!


    Check out my latest posts on the Blog and Happy Easter! :)AL xxRASSP | Coachella Style InspoRASSP | Easter Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  4. this colour has been on my "to try" list for a while now. I should pick this up the next time i'm out grocery shopping!

    ReplyDelete

you made it to the comment section! what did you think?

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC