Remember these? It's been a LONG WHILE since anyone has talked about the once insanely popular Lip Butters. But in honor of the ongoing Ulta sale, I thought that I'd recommend one of my favorites. Cotton Candy by Revlon is a pretty neutral, pearlescent, baby pink that gives a creamier texture when worn over another lip product and a sheer pink tint when worn on its own. It's super easy to apply aka no need for a mirror so I love bringing this around in my backpack if I'm feeling a little fancy at school. Like all the Revlon Lip Butters, it has a super comfortable, moisturizing texture but lasts only a few hours. Because its so subtle and youthful, I think this would make a great present for someone younger or just starting to build their stash.
April 20, 2014
April 18, 2014
April 17, 2014
Hyper Curl Volum' Express Spiky Comb Waterproof
It's been a while since I raved about a new mascara but here I am with wonderful little creation that I stumbled upon and am now IN LOVE with. The first think I should probably tell you about this product is that its not available in the US (as far as I know). Yep. This is a mascara sold in Asia-- specifically Japan. So if you're able to get hold of this, just know how jealous I am because I wish that I could have 24/7 access to this…. :'(
ANYWAYS, as you can probably see, the brush is completely different from any mascara advertised in the US. Instead of a huge fibrous goopy brush, this wand has cute petite comb at the end! And rather than wiggling the wand from the root to the tip of the lashes, you actually have to comb through. The formula is not at all creamy but actually quite thin and wet so each coat provides just enough product that'll dry without causing your lashes to droop. I LOVE this mascara. I wore this for the whole day and there was no smudging or drooping and it gave my lashes so much length. In terms of volume, it thickened and darkened my lashes, but there was nothing "plumping" about this product.
Mac Please Me $15
Just yesterday, I had a super fun photoshoot with my friend in her back yard. I bring over my camera, and she took charge of my make up. I ended up poking around in her stash and pulled out this REALLY flattering lipstick by Mac. Please Me is a very pigmented, matte, bright bubble gum pink lip color. Alongside dark copper eyeshadow / subtle pink cheeks, I think this lipstick looked veerry naaiicee. It was also extremely long lasting and didn't need any touch ups.
for more photoshoot pics i would recommend checking out my instagram!
April 15, 2014
Hi! Two lifey updates in one week??? What??? I guess I just couldn't wait till Sunday and wanted to share with you a two different things that have kind of taken over my life at the moment. The first would have to be a TED Talk that has been making its away around the internet.
I think this TED talk has to be my favorite to date out of all the different TED talks that I've seen and it really resonated with me as a blogger. I don't want to say anything that will ruin your take away from it so I'll just leave you with the link. click it pls.
Second is The 5k Graffiti Run that I'll be apart of in the month of May! You may have heard about it already, but it's a 5k run where you get chalked from head to toe. I really wanted to go a few years back, but I didn't meet the age requirement. This year I'm so excited to be apart of it with my friends! There are a lots of different locations across the US where this marathon is held so you're interested in signing up or even volunteering to throw chalk at runners, you can click HERE to find the run closest to you if the picture above happens to strike yo' fancy.
I'm really excited to share my experience with you guys!
Hey guys! For the final installment in my prom series, I'm including pre prom pictures, information on my dress and tips!
Overall, I had a blast at prom! We ended up going two hours late (oops) because my date and I had too much fun talking in our group at dinner; however, I definitely think that it was more fun that way because when we got to the venue, everyone was dancing and the music was pretty loud so we didn't get a chance to talk after that.
My dress is from Modcloth.com and was $80. I'm a little bit on the fence about whether or not it was worth the money because while it looks ok in pictures, the material was thin t-shirt material and wrinkled really quickly. That being said, I think that the sequin top was really flattering and I love how the cut wasn't too showy!
Some other places for dresses that I recommend are:
One last thing to add-- because of my heels, my dress ended up being a little bit too short. Keep that in mind when you're looking for your dress!
1. Next time I'm definitely going to keep my stuff in the car. Our coat check was really sketchy with no ticket system-- basically anyone could walk into the closet and take what they wanted.
2. If you don't want to grind, thats OK. I didn't want to grind so I had that conversation with my date before the dance.
3. Pre prom pictures can be lots of fun! But it can also get very awkward if you get fined for being in a private garden without having a permit. I know a group of people who had to pay $200. Call ahead and ask!
The Shoe that Carries a Woman (PROM #1)
Beyond Cosy by Essie (PROM #2)
Holika Holika Lashes #04 (Prom #3)
Beyond Cosy by Essie (PROM #2)
Holika Holika Lashes #04 (Prom #3)
April 14, 2014
I can't believe that I'm finally getting around to this, but thank you Sei from cottonkuma for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award! Everyone reading this should DEFINITELY go check out her blog.
And theres a funny story behind this picture-- my friend had a gold card for starbucks and randomly got me a free refill of his drink.. I don't even drink coffee! But I took the opportunity to look cool and snapped this picture before giving it to my sister.
People that I'm tagging
( if you already did this, it might be a challenge to come up with 7 MORE facts but I'd still LOVE to read your post! )
The Sunny Scenery
A Beautiful Zen
Panda Loves Eyeliner
7 things about me
1. I LOVE photography. If you gave me a day to do whatever I wanted, I'd probably end up happily snapping pictures of everyone and everything that I came into contact with!
2. (you have to sing this with me like you're Ralph in The Sound of Music) I am seventeen going on eighteen!
3. I can quote the movie The Parent Trap from start to finish.
4. My favorite pair of shoes would have to be my sassy cheetah print Sperrys! My friend always calls me a cougar when I wear them.. -__-
5. I'm quite shy in real life, but I'm working on it! A lot of my friends tell me that I get a lot crazier, sassier and meaner when you get to know me in real life. They're right. LOL
6. Very few of my friends know about this blog! I started it over the summer for fun and here we are, more than half a year later. I thought that there'd only be a 1% chance that the rest of the people in my life would come across Biffsquiggled, but then one of my friends stumbled across it (IM LOOKING AT YOU SOPHIE) and I was SO SHOCKED.
7. I have absolutely no idea what I want to be when I grow up! The time has come for me to start thinking about my major in college and where I want to go annd I have no clueeeeeeeeee. We'll see what happens I guess… IF YOURE READING THIS AND HAVE ANY BITS OF ADVICE FOR ME, I'M LISTENING!
As always, thank you for reading ^^